Laura’s Fabulous Cranberry BreadIngredients:
- 2 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 C butter, not softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 C orange juice
- 1.5 C raisins
- 1.5 C chopped cranberries
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine first 5 dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two butter knives with a cross cutting motion, until crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel and juice all at once.
- Stir until just moist.
- Fold in raisins, cranberries, and nuts if using.
- Spoon into a 9X5" loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean (I used gift sized mini loaf tins to share - adjust time accordingly).
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack - enjoy!