Quick and Easy Pasta PrimaveraIngredients:
- 1 box of pasta – your choice
- 1 clove of garlic – smashed
- ¼ C plus 2 TBS or so of Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2-3 C of various sliced and chopped vegetables such as zucchini, yellow squash, sweet onion, carrots, fresh green beans, corn, peas, carrots, etc.
- 1 pint halved grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1 C cubed or shredded rotisserie chicken or any other protein (optional)
- ¼ C fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ C Parmesan cheese - plus more for sprinkling
- S&P to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Be sure to generously salt the water prior to adding the pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 TBS of EVOO in a sauté pan over medium heat and infuse with the smashed garlic clove, being careful not to let garlic burn. Remove and discard garlic when it is golden brown or after about 1 minute.
- Add vegetable medley to pan and sauté in the garlic infused oil about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp or to desired degree of doneness.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ C of starchy pasta water. Set water aside.
- Combine cooked pasta, sautéed vegetables, chicken and tomatoes (if using) ¼ C EVOO, ¼ C Parmesan, and parsley. Toss well to coat. Add a little of the reserved pasta water for extra moisture if needed and toss.
- Great with crusty bread and a green salad if desired.