Lemon Sesame Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slightly smashed garlic clove
- 1/4 C sliced sweet onion
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 TBS sesame seeds – toasted are marvelous
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice – or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 TBS of oil in a large frying pan over medium to medium/high heat
- Slightly smash 1 garlic clove and add to heated oil in pan. Cook 1 minute or until slightly browned and soft. Remove and discard.
- Slice asparagus and onions into one inch slices. Add to infused garlic oil.
- Stir-fry 1 minute or until onions begin to soften and asparagus begins to turn bright green.
- Add sesame seeds and salt and pepper to taste. Stir-fry another minute or two until just tender crisp.
- Turn off heat and drizzle lemon juice over asparagus. Add to serving bowl and top with fresh lemon zest and slices if desired.