Weeknight White Chicken Chili
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Diced green pepper
- 1/4 C Diced sweet onion
- 2 lbs Chicken Tenders chopped into 1/2″ pieces (or any leftover or frozen rotisserie chicken you may have on hand)
- 2 packs of White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix ( I favor McCormick’s)
- 2 cans 15.5 oz Great Northern Beans (or any white beans you prefer)
- 1 can 14.5 oz Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can 7.75 oz Black Beans1 C good beer (you’ll be amazed at the depth of flavor this adds)1/2 tps Chilis in Adobo sauce (or to taste – adds great heat and smokey flavor)
- Juice of 1 lime
Ideas and Additions
- Try serving over whole wheat elbow noodles for Chili Mac, or use any pasta you may have on hand.
- Side suggestions: Corn Chips, Corn Bread, or Saltines and a Garden or Green salad
- Optional Toppings: Low Fat Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yoghurt, Shredded Cheddar, Chopped Cilantro, Diced Avocado, Diced Sweet Onions, Lime wedges, Hot Sauce
- Heat oil in chili pot over medium heat. Add peppers and onion and cook till soft.
- Add chopped chicken and cook till no longer pink. Or if you’re adding leftover cooked chicken, just warm it up.
- Add white beans with juice, drained black beans and tomatoes, adobo sauce, beer, and seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-30 minutes (depending on how much time you have to let the flavors deepen).
- Stir in lime juice and serve with desired sides and toppings. Add a splash of beer or water to desired consistency if you think it’s too thick!
- Dice up peppers and onions in advance and store in freezer. Then just grab and cook for faster prep times!
- Save extra Chilis in Adobo sauce in freezer to use later.
- Shred cheese from a block and keep in freezer to save prep time and keep away from wood pulp included as a preservative in preceded cheeses.
- Grind up lime rinds in garbage disposal to freshen sink