Ok everyone. Big day for Laura’s Choice. Our first food video.
We wanted it to be quick and easy to follow. We hope it is. We happen to use this recipe all the time and the family LOVES it. I love it because it’s so fast and easy – even easier than tacos.
So…here goes. Let me know what you think. If you notice something we could do better, let us know! We’d love your help on this journey!!!
Easy Bean Burritos
- 1 package of whole wheat tortillas
- 1 14.5oz can of fat free refried beans
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 6oz grated cheddar (or so)
- 1 C finely diced tomatoes (or chunky salsa)
- 2 C finely shredded lettuce (I used Romaine)
Delicious additions if you have the time to get fancy
- Seasoned ground turkey, chicken, or beef
- Mexican rice
- Sliced black olives
- Diced sweet onions
- Diced jalapeños
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Sour Cream
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Spread refried beans on about half of a whole wheat tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 TBS or so of cheese
- Put bean and cheese tortilla on top of a dampened paper towel on a plate. Cover and microwave 30-45 seconds just until the beans are heated through and the cheese is melted
- Sprinkle with hot sauce (optional), lettuce, and tomato
- Roll into a burrito by folding the edge with the beans about a third of the way over. Then fold up a portion of the bottom to make a pocket to hold the fillings inside. Finish by rolling over once more and you’re done!
- Serve with extra salsa, hot sauce, sour cream if desired. Other fun sides we use are corn chips or Mexican rice. Enjoy!