It’s here! Happy Holidays Everyone!
So I’ve been getting lots of requests for holiday food suggestions…and one that I haven’t seen anywhere as of yet is cranberry bread. And this one is as beautiful as it is delicious. No joke. It’s um um good!
First, a disclaimer. This recipe I got from my mom. You’ll see her version says “Laura’s Fabulous Cranberry Bread” and that’s how she lovingly remembers it.
But the truth is I brought this recipe home as a kindergartener – won’t say how many years ago. We made it together. We loved it. Thus it was named “Laura’s.”
If I had any idea who’s original cranberry bread recipe this was, I would love to note that here ______. However I don’t, so whoever you are please know our family has enjoyed your holiday treat year upon year for….ever! So much that I just have to share it…
So without further adieu…(as I know you’re racing around as much, if not more, than I am this time of year), may I present a truly fabulously moist, sweet-tart, tangy, holiday cranberry bread loaf that’s great with breakfast, on Christmas morning, as a holiday gift to friends and loved ones, and even as a quick “phew” bite in the midst of a busy Christmas season!
Final note: There are nuts in this! Check for allergies or leave them out…:o) Also makes a great gift!! XOXO
Laura’s Fabulous Cranberry Bread
- 2 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 C butter, not softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 C orange juice
- 1.5 C raisins
- 1.5 C chopped cranberries
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine first 5 dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two butter knives with a cross cutting motion, until crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel and juice all at once.
- Stir until just moist.
- Fold in raisins, cranberries, and nuts if using.
- Spoon into a 9X5″ loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean (I used gift sized mini loaf tins to share – adjust time accordingly).
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack – enjoy!
Fabulous recipe!! House smells incredible and it is all I can do not to eat THE WHOLE thing!
Laura Kubicki says
:o) Thanks Amanda! So glad you liked it!